Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I really should update this more regularly..... sorry.

It seems so much effort, my initial enthusiasm for pouring my heart out online...well its not really there anymore, but I'll struggle on.

Its been a busy few weeks! Up and down to dublin a lot, over and back to Poland, a debs, a job interview, an emerging relationship and a mild health scare so you'll forgive if this takes a while, right?

Where do I begin? Ok, Poland....

Cheap, cheerful, polish... nie angielska, lots of drink, definitely no Stockholm Syndrome, a very long and enjoyable first date, a huge phone bill and a shocking insight into the workings of Nazi Germany at Aushwitz Death Camp.

8th April: Arrival Home:

2 hours at home, drive to Dublin to go to UCD lgbt Debs, Second Date, dance, drink, smoke to excess, meet new people, first kiss with said date and learn the art of tactile stimulation.

9th April: Leave Dublin
Go home to Celebrate Nana's 86th year as reigning matriarch of the Rockett Clan

10th April: Return to Dublin
Back for Date number 3. It has a rocky start, I'm late... very late! But it ends well when I spring my suprise he he he....
p.s. IFI restaurant is amazing!

11th April: Back home to start getting ready for work....


WORK!!!!!

19th April: Surprise Return to Dublin for Hedgehog's birthday. Date number 4 ensues... it seems to be going somewhere. I am most pleased and content.

20th April: Home again, have the beginnings of tonsilitis. I miss my now mutually exclusive significant other in a step at a time fashion.


WORK!!!!!
(interview for new job in Dublin arranged on wednesday)


25th April: Go home sick

26th April: Go out for Davids Birthday, antibiotics and alcohol make for some trippy combination and I leave early along with drunken messages to Sean....eek, lol.

27th April: Back to Dublin for Date 5/Interview on 28th. This was a really good night. We met in town and then got ready for the UCD Film School postgrad showcase. It was a relaxed affair in the button factory. Then headed for dinner in templebar in a reataurant who's name I dare not try and spell.

28th April: Best day for a very long time.... Everything feels right, waking up with someone, my interview, lunch, meeting claire for the first time in an age and spending time with people I have come to feel a distinct affection for. All in all, even when leaving I know I'm in a far better state of mind now than I was 5 weeks ago.

29th April: WORK!!!!!! (ring you goddamned stupid phone)

20:40: bored and alone

No comments: